Sunday, October 20, 2013

Prepping My (Online) Store

After a bit of an online hiatus, I finally was able to decide on a storefront.  It took a while to reassess my inventory and get them posted.

I posted on Storenvy for a while, and then did some more thinking.  I listed out some of the pros and cons of Etsy a few months ago, but wasn't sure about Storenvy.

What I loved: Customization.  Storenvy is highly customizable, and easy to figure out.  I had a lot of fun playing with the HTML code and making the page match my blog.  I was able to put an interactive tab on my Facebook page and easily spread the word about each product.

Less than awesome: Over the course of a few weeks, I discovered that the only traffic to my listing was traffic that I drove.  This would have been fine for some but while I'm still working full time, I depend an pre-existing community.

So, after some thinking and exploring, I have returned to Etsy.  Luckily, in my time away, Etsy has made some cool updates to their service. Next, it's time to work on some more pottery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...